Understanding the impact of wind damage on roofs is crucial for homeowners and property managers alike. Whether you live in an area prone to severe weather or are simply concerned about the longevity of your roof, recognizing the signs and symptoms of wind damage is essential. In this blog post, we will delve into what wind damage to a roof looks like, exploring exterior and interior damage indicators.
Table of Contents
Call a roofing company for an Inspection first
It is important to hire a roofing company to come out to your property if you have had a storm recently in your area causing you to believe you have wind damage.
- By engaging a roofing company you can ensure that any wind-related damage is addressed promptly and effectively.
Disclaimer: We strongly discourage homeowners and individuals without proper training from attempting to walk on their roofs or conduct repairs themselves as it can be dangerous. Always consult with a qualified roofer to professionally assess and address any issues related to your roof.
What does wind damage look like on a roof?
Blown off vents/satellites/etc
All signs point towards wind damage on your roof
What do I do if I have Wind Damage?
If after you have called a roofing company to come to check out your roof and they have declared that you have wind damage you ultimately have two options:
- If you have minor damage such as one or two missing shingles that need to be repaired we would recommend going ahead with the roofing company to repair the issues as soon as possible
- However, If you have major wind damage in a majority of your roof call your insurance company to file an Insurance Claim.
How to Repair a Wind-Damaged Roof
Don’t worry if your roof gets damaged by wind – it’s definitely repairable! The necessary repairs will vary based on the extent of the damage.
- In some cases, a minor repair may be all that’s needed to restore your roof’s integrity. This could involve replacing a few shingles or fixing damaged flashing.
- More severe damage may require a comprehensive approach, such as a full roof replacement. The specific repairs required will be determined during a professional inspection, where experts will assess the extent of the damage and provide recommendations for the most appropriate course of action.
Whether it’s a small repair or a complete replacement, qualified roofing professionals have the skills and expertise to restore your roof.
Is Wind Damage Covered By Insurance?
Yes if there is significant damage however Insurance coverage for wind damage varies based on your specific policy.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy to understand if wind damage is covered and the extent of that coverage.
- Look for specific perils mentioned, such as storms or hurricanes, and check for any deductibles or exclusions related to wind damage.
- Contact your insurance provider for clarification and guidance on the claims process if you experience wind damage.