How to hire a roofing contractor in 2021? We know it’s hard to trust a contractor nowadays. The Roofing industry doesn’t have the best reputation. If you don’t know anything about roofs you might be wondering “how am I suppose to hire a roofer?” That’s why we made this blog to help homeowners like yourself find a good reputable roofing company near you.
websites we recommend to hire a roofer
Google is usually the most popular. It’s a great place to find roofing companies but there are different sections.
- Google Local
- Organic Search
2. HARCA (Houston Area Roofing Contractors Association)
If you want more pre qualification and want to hire a licensed roofer go to HARCA
HARCA is a sub chapter of NRCA, National Roofing Contractors Association. To be a member you have to apply. Some of the pre qualifications are (Licensed, Insured, Number of Years in Business, Owner in good standing, etc.) Roofing companies that are involved in HARCA are companies that care about improving their business.
This is a great third party platform that connects homeowners with roofers. They do a good job of prequalifying companies and even offer a guarantee. The owner owned a roofing company in the past and actually cares about connecting good roofing companies.
Go to Directorii
4. BBB (Better Business Bureau)
The BBB has been around for a long time. I wouldn’t hire a company just because they are on the BBB. Now don’t get me wrong the BBB is better than nothing. However the pre qualifications aren’t strict and there are a lot of bad companies on the BBB. But it’s still a good platform to find local roofers, just do your own research.
Go to BBB
What To Look For In A Roofing Company
The websites should help you find some good companies. Here are some things you should look for when choosing a roofer.
- Local & Experienced: This is the number one thing I tell homeowners. Hire a local company that has been in business for a few years. You do not want to hire a company that is not from town or a company that has no experience.
- Licensed & Insured: In Texas a roofer does not have to be licensed. Because of that you have a lot of “roofers” that come in trying to make a quick buck. Hire a company that is licensed because you know they are following building codes. Also hire a company that is insured so you do not have any issues with a worker getting hurt on your property.
- Certified, Awards, Reviews: Look for companies that are certified with their shingle manufacturer, to protect your warranty. Look for awards, BBB, Local Awards, Reviews on google, etc. All these things will help see if this company is a quality company.
Websites We Don’t Recommend To Find A Roofer
There are 3rd party platforms that connect roofers and consumers. However a lot of these don’t qualify the roofing companies and will recommend anyone as long as they pay. A simple YouTube search will explain why these aren’t always the best options for you to find a roofer.
- Home Advisor
- Angie’s List
Services A Roofer Offers
Roofing services vary from contractor to company. Although, most companies offer the same services. Make sure to ask the company as soon as you get in contact with them. Some common roofing services include:
- Roof Inspections for leaks/damage
- Repairs and Maintenance
Choosing The Right Roofer
After completing your research, you will have 2-3 roofing company bids to choose from. Depending on your budget and schedule, you will choose the right bid. As long as you have chosen a roofer who is local, licensed and experienced, you should be happy to know you will have gorgeous new roof that will last for years to come!
At HHH Roofing, our team is certified, licensed and experienced. We value educating our customers and making sure they have multiple options. Call our front desk today, to schedule your free estimate!