How to pay for a new roof? We understand replacing a roof is a huge project that can become large investment for any homeowner. Your roof is also one of the most visible portions of your house, as well as one the most important components in keeping your home safe from the environment. We want to go through the different options available to you.
Here are the 6 most popular ways to pay for a roofing project:
- Credit Card
- Insurance Coverage
- Payment Plans
- Personal Loan
Cost of A New Roof
The average American household has $8,863 in a savings account. Singles and younger adults tend to have even less, according the Federal Reserve. Depending on the size of your roof, most Americans don’t have enough in their savings to cover the cost. Luckily, there are other options when it comes to covering the cost of a roof replacement.
Factors That Affect A New Roof Cost
There are different factors a roofing company will review to determine a price for your roof replacement.
- Roof Size: Roofers will base the price of your home with the amount of Squares. 100sqft = 1SQ.
- Materials: Material cost is one of the biggest to consider. There are many different types and brands to choose from. The fact is that roofing material is going to be relatively the same for every roofing company.
- Roof Pitch: Some homes in The Woodlands & Spring have a shallow roof pitch, whereas others have much higher roof pitch. The pitch elevation makes a difference in the installation cost, as the steeper the roof, the more surface area.
- Layers: Most homes only have 1 layer of asphalt shingle but sometimes a home can have two layers. The more material needed to be teared off, the higher of price because of labor and disposal costs.
6 Ways To Pay For A New Roof
There are many different options on how to pay for a new roof. We will start off with the easiest forms of transactions and go into more financing options.
Paying all at once with cash or check is the easiest and simplest way to get the job done. We understand that not everyone has the means to pay for a new roof with 100% cash.
Our most popular option is paying with check in order to the Roofing Company. It saves you the time of having to go to the bank and withdraw all the money. It also makes it easier for the roofing company to deposit.
2. Credit Card
Credit Cards are used to purchase almost anything. Even for roofing services.
Putting your new roof on a credit card can be beneficial if you have a card with rewards and incentives. You can pay the new roof in full and pay it off throughout the year. At HHH Roofing, we use QuickBooks to make sure we can offer the best experience to our customers while accepting major credit cards.
3. Insurance Coverage
All homeowners, are required to have homeowner’s insurance. This coverage protects you from financial loss due to fire, theft, or other damage including natural disasters.
Many insurance providers will cover or partially cover a repair or replacement, usually due to natural disasters. In the case that they do if your roof is degraded because of age or lack of maintenance the insurance company won’t cover the costs.
Contact your insurance agent to discuss your policy and learn more about their process for receiving payment.
4. Payment Plans
Your local roofing company understands that the cost to replace a roof may be too high to pay all at once. Some roofers offer their own payment plans to help make the cost more affordable. Speak with your local roofing company to see what they offer.
With this option, you can spread your payments over the course of several months to even years. Most plans charge you interest, which will add to the total cost of your roof replacement. Be sure to read the contract and fine print to make sure you are comfortable with the interest rates and monthly payments.
5. Personal Loan
If the above options don’t work for you, another way to pay for a new roof is to take out a personal loan. With a personal loan, you work with a bank, credit union or other financial institution.
Personal loan terms tend to be shorter than other kinds of home improvement loans. The amount offered as well as the interest rate charged is dependent on your credit score and history.
Financing For All Credit Types
HHH Roofing & Construction is proud to offer flexible financing options to help you fund your home improvement. We’ve partnered with Enhancify, a leading lending technology, to seamlessly offer personalized payment options in seconds, without taking home equity.
Reasons Why We Partnered with Enhancify
- Request $1,000 – $100,000
- Get pre-qualified in 90 seconds without a hard pull (doesn’t affect your credit score)
- Pay the same affordable amount every month
- 0% Intro-APR financing available
- Personal loan APR’s as low as 5.99%
- Get funds transferred in up to 48 hours
- Avoid taking out a home-equity line or second mortgage
- Unsecured personal loans available – no need to give up your home or car as collateral
- Get the cash flow to cover any project upgrades or changes
How It Works
- Step 1. Complete HHH Roofing’s personalized financing portal to see your personalized pre-approval options.
- Step 2. Choose an offer and apply for your loan.
- Step 3. Get your funds in a few business days and pay HHH Roofing directly.
- Step 4. Repay the lending partner in affordable monthly installments.