Replacing the siding on your home can be of the best investments. Not only does it increase the curb appeal but there are studies that show it helps improve the value of your home. So in this video we talk about how much does it cost to replacing your siding with James Hardie Siding in 2021.
If you wanted to replace 20,000sqft of siding it would cost between $9,000 – $13,500
3 Factors that Effect Price of James Hardie: (Difficulty of the Job, Condition of your Home, Details)
Fiber cement siding replacement is the highest percentage of cost recouped for projects in the ‘upscale’ category. 2015 Hanley Wood, LLC. Complete data from the Remodeling 2014-2015 Cost vs. Value Report is available at http://www.costvsvalue.com
Difficulty of the Job
How difficult is it for us to do the job.
James Hardie Siding Size
- Is your home a 1 story or a 2 story house
Trees/ Obstacles in the way
- Are there a lot of trees that are going to get in the way. Is the are for us to work in very tight and small? Are we going to have to take longer because of the difficulty to remove the material and install new material.
- Are we able to remove and siding and install the new siding easily, or do we have to bring extra equipment.
Condition of Your Home
Is your home fairly new or is it very old? If your home is old and the siding is nearly gone we are going to have to worry about what’s behind. It’s going to require extra labor and material.
- Do we have to replace the 2x4s behind the James Hardie siding?
- Do we have to replace any plywood?
- Do we have to install new material?
- Paint all the James Hardie siding a particular color
- Certain type of trim or details
- Do you want to replace the insulation behind the siding